SkyDemon Forums

iPad touchscreen blocked in flight

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic20072.aspx

By ericferret - 1/13/2017 10:51:59 AM

Cessnaoui - 9/11/2016 1:30:28 PM
Hello,

I had 3 times in flight the same issue related to Skydemon on my iPad:
The iPad screen is not responding any more to any finger movement. The application continues to work (map moving and showing the position of the plane), but it is impossible for me to interact with it.
When such an event occurs, the message "Updating virtual radar" is displayed in the lower part of the screen for the remaining part of the flight.
After the flight, when I want review the "trace", I get a warning that the recording has been interrupted for more than 38 seconds and that these interruptions will be displayed as a straight line. 

Skydemon for iPad 3.6.3.47.

As an "aside", my Hudl is reluctant to respond to finger (touchscreen) in flight. It seems to like to be squeezed! That is, if I have a thumb or finger behind it at the same time it is OK, but just applying a finger from the front when it is fixed in position is a problem. Possibly the angle of the finger is wrong, i.e. too upright and so not covering enough surface area on the screen?(Likewise it won't respond to knuckle pressure!)
By Cessnaoui - 9/11/2016 1:30:28 PM

Hello,

I had 3 times in flight the same issue related to Skydemon on my iPad:
The iPad screen is not responding any more to any finger movement. The application continues to work (map moving and showing the position of the plane), but it is impossible for me to interact with it.
When such an event occurs, the message "Updating virtual radar" is displayed in the lower part of the screen for the remaining part of the flight.
After the flight, when I want review the "trace", I get a warning that the recording has been interrupted for more than 38 seconds and that these interruptions will be displayed as a straight line. 

Skydemon for iPad 3.6.3.47.