SkyDemon Forums

Feature request: Current elevation

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic19779.aspx

By Gax - 8/23/2016 2:44:22 PM

Hi!

When doing any low-level flying, I often find myself wondering what my height is, though am keenly aware of the potential error in GPS altitude and therefore am reluctant to trust the 'Height' readout at the top of the screen.  To account for this, I find myself flicking between Altitude and Height at the top of the screen, subtracting the difference in my head, and then comparing that to my (theoretically more accurate) pressure altimeter.

Would it be possible to simply add a third option to that box for 'Elevation' that shows the terrain elevation for the current GPS position?  Presumably you're fetching it anyway to calculate height...  If it's not in demand, maybe an option to enable/disable the feature?
By T67M - 9/17/2018 5:22:49 AM

emporer - 9/14/2018 11:47:14 AM
Hmm, there are 80 likes to Gax posting.
Could it be, that there are more interested in the proposed feature?

Sadly I wouldn't hold your breath - 80 is (apparently) an insignificant number compared to the total user-ship of SD. There are also 78 likes on one thread here about adding limited support for Great Circle navigation (as well as numerous other threads), but that also isn't going to appear even though a beta version was produced which implemented it.