SkyDemon Forums

gpx route export from SkyDemon Web

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16494.aspx

By RowlandCarson - 7/29/2015 12:42:34 PM

I have been using SkyDemon Light happily for several years, planning routes in Safari on my Mac and exporting the GPX files to my Garmin GPSmap 296 using LoadMyTracks.

I recently took out the trial subscription to the upgrade for SkyDemon Web to see if it would prove worthwhile for me.

I don't seem to be able to find a way to export my planned routes in a GPX file (as I normally did in SkyDemon Light) for use on my Garmin GPSmap 296. The saved routes in SkyDemon Web use a different XML vocabulary to the usual Garmin one and are not recognised by the utility LoadMyTracks that I use for other GPX route and track transfers.

The SkyDemon documentation file doesn't cover SkyDemon Web explicitly and the instructions therein for connecting Garmin devices are not congruent with the menus on SkyDemon Web. I tried using the "Register Device" item in the "Sync" menu but that does not appear to work on a Mac.

Is there any way to export "plain vanilla" GPX route files from SkyDemon Web? If there is no workaround for this, the extra convenience features of SkyDemon Web will not be much use to me and I will revert to SkyDemon Light when my trial period ends.

And, yes, I know it's possible to run a Windows emulator on a Mac to use that version of SkyDemon; the reason I have a Mac is that I don't want to use Windows!

in friendship

Rowland
By Tim Dawson - 7/30/2015 3:18:37 PM

No, just those two are available. Glad it's sorted, even if the Mac way of choosing file type isn't very intuitive.