SkyDemon Forums

Circuit Info

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic1543.aspx

By Lottie - 12/21/2010 8:25:39 PM

Still studying for my PPL but when I first bought Pooleys flight guide I was suprised that information about the relevant aerodrome's circuit was not included - i.e. in chart form for instance.

I know that circuits are all very roughly the same but I think it would be really useful if in addition to the enhanced runway information it is possible to display the then current circuit (telling the unit which runway is applicable) information. It seems to me, even if you fly "straight in" that the circuit (knowing exactly where it is etc) and traffic in it is fundamental.

This might be able to help really clearly identify the dead side etc and it would be especially useful if when approaching the circuit you could first obtain the relevant info (runway in use, surface wind etc) select it on the unit and then use that to reinforce your pre-flight planning.

I would think this would be particularly useful for unusual aerodrome circuits - i.e. I am learning to fly from an aerodrome tucked at the edge/under some fairly complicated controlled airspace with a right hand circuit. All of which you should know from pre flight planning but something I imagine is particularly useful.

Thanks

By Tim Dawson - 6/27/2012 9:51:17 AM

We will shortly begin delivering plates directly within SkyDemon, and many of these plates will have circuits depicted on them. Especially in Europe where it is common for national authorities to publish VFR plates with this information.