SkyDemon Forums

How are NOTAMS selected?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic12739.aspx

By pgroell - 7/21/2014 5:34:31 PM

Hi,
I stumbled into a problem while flying in Corsica, but I could reproduce the problem on other planned flights.
I prepared a flight from Calvi (LFKC) to Propriano (LFKO), overflying the coast but also Corte Airport (LFKT), with maybe an stop at Corte.

Looking at the NOTAMS for the planned route, there was no NOTAM for Corte.
However I learned before landing there that the field is closed during the whole summer.
This is reflected by a NOTAM that is only shown if Corte is entered as a departure or landing airport.

Is this the way Skydemon is supposed to show NOTAMS?
I was under the impression that by choosing to display NOTAMS close to my route, a NOTAM closing an airfield should be included.
Am I expecting to much, or did I miss a setting?
Thanks.
PS : this is not hardware specific, it's the same on IPAD, Android or PC.
By Tim Dawson - 7/22/2014 4:35:08 PM

Official NOTAM briefings such as the Eurocontrol one behave the same way as SkyDemon does.
It is very important not to clutter up NOTAM briefings with irrelevant information. Routing via an airfield is common enough that it would be bad to clutter a NOTAM briefing with stuff about taxiways being closed etc when the flightplan does not involve landing at that airfield. That is the reason why NOTAM are divided into separate relevances: Aerodrome only, Aerodrome and Enroute, Aerodrome and Warning etc.