SkyDemon Forums

Listening Squawk – Feature Request

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic11935.aspx

By Sky Painter - 5/1/2014 8:03:33 PM

Hi Tim & Team

Firstly. let me say that SD just gets better and better. Keep up the good work.

My request? When using the 'What's Here' feature (Android tap & hold), I would like to see the Listening Squawk included with the initial contact radio frequency. At the moment, I can only access the Listening Squawk by planning a route and then looking it up in the Pilot Log.
By rikur - 11/13/2015 8:38:00 PM

Just a thought - but for some of this data (such as LARS areas, listening squawk areas, etc) it would be useful to be able to display it on the map during flight planning.  Not to show it all the time, as that would be very cluttered, but the ability to overlay LARS in a similar way that e.g. NOTAMS are shown would help visualise the areas that they cover.

I know I can preview the PLog which shows me all the frequencies I might need ..... but when I'm mentally going through the route before I fly it is nice to be able to plan for who I'm going to be talking to and when, and also given many LARS are only Mon - Fri, know what alternative units might provide a service.  That also gave me an idea, could you annotate on the Plog and Radio screen those radio services not normally active at the planned/current time (not sure if the data is available for that)??