Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iPad4 and GNS1000

Author
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Folks,

Try this:-

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services

Turn off 'Setting Time Zone'

Reboot your device. This has solved the problem for me.
riordo
riordo
Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)Too Much Forum (111 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
HI Guys,

Reference the problems with IOS and the GNS1000 I may have an idea as to why it is not working properly.

I just purchased a GNS1000 and regardless of what I tried I could only very randomly get it to work. I tested it on 2 x IPAD2s and some Iphones of all types 3GS, 4 and 5. Nothing seemed to work - Very frustrating!

Then I accidently did the following on my Iphone 3GS (IOS6) ......

1. Turned on the GNS 1000
2. Paired the Iphone to the GNS1000

(Then here was the trick)

3. Opened the Compass App (that comes with the Iphone). The Iphone now started to receive and display GNS1000 data in the Compass App.
4. Now I opened the navigation App I wanted to use (in my case Co-Pilot vehicle GPS App)

HEY PRESTO! Everything works like a charm!!!!!!

I think what is happening is the GNS1000 is working fine and also the device is pairing properly with the Iphone. It seems that the Compass App is the conduit for the GNS1000 GPS data to talk to then other Apps.

This is a bit problematic on an IPAD2 as it has no generic Compass App but might provide a starting point for more troubleshooting.

Hope this helps

Riordo
Tags
kenkelso
kenkelso
Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)Too Much Forum (258 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have found that turning Off Compass Calibration in Privacy>Location Services>System Services has cured the problem for me.

Ken
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search