Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iPad4 and GNS1000

Author
www.pilotenshop.net
Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)Too Much Forum (979 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

press the Home Button + OFF Button at the same time for at least 5 sec. , then the ipad
will restart. Then open SD and then start the GPS.

Best regards
Dietmar
David Johnstone
David Johnstone
Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)Too Much Forum (742 reputation)
That certainly works, but why ?

What have Apple done to mess it up.
Tonyf
Tonyf
Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)
Hello, been an SD user for a few months now, with an I-Pad2 (non GPS). Been excellent until this last week or-so. I don't seem to be able to get any sat signals. I use a GNS5870 that seems to lock onto satellites as it should, bluetooth working.

I've tried the deep off re-boot and even that not working??

I'm a bit of a Luddite so nothing to suggest but just another comment to help confirm there is an issue. I'm pretty sure, (apart from an Apple Upgrade) no settings etc have been changed that I'm aware of. I've tried selecting the Live Data (in Setting mode) and also confirmed that the Location Services are 'on' with regards to SD.

Be keen to hear any thoughts.

Best, Tony
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Tony, I've tried the hard turn-off about 30 times now, and it has worked everytime, but it has to be in that sequence I described, otherwise it's a non starter. I tried it with my garmin glo and the gns 5870.

For what ever reason the GPS receiver has to be turned on after skydemon has started and it has to be turned off again before you do the hard turn off.

I'm sure you are doing everything correctly but just in case, you have to do the hard turn off everytime you shut the ipad down if you want skydemon to work the next time you start it up again and not just once
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Tony, I've tried the hard turn-off about 30 times now, and it has worked everytime, but it has to be in that sequence I described, otherwise it's a non starter. I tried it with my garmin glo and the gns 5870.

For what ever reason the GPS receiver has to be turned on after skydemon has started and it has to be turned off again before you do the hard turn off.

I'm sure you are doing everything correctly but just in case, you have to do the hard turn off everytime you shut the ipad down if you want skydemon to work the next time you start it up again and not just once. I have sent an email to the SD team so, hopefully they might be able to fix , apples problem
Tonyf
Tonyf
Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)
Thanks nje - tried it again - and it worked!! Thankyou Smile

I'll try in the car on the way home too.

Best again, Tony
Hannah@SkyDemon
Hannah@SkyDemon
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
You might consider resetting your iPad's network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will forget any existing wifi and Bluetooth settings, so you will have to re-establish any wifi network connections and re-pair any Bluetooth devices after the reset, but after speaking to a SkyDemon user with a similar issue he has found that this has resolved his problem.

jonroberts
jonroberts
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Hi Hannah,

Just for the record, can you respond as to what each of the the respective accuracies on the 'ALT' button triangle colour are ?

According to the current documentation on the instruments here :

Green is +- 50'
Yellow is +- 100'
Orange is +- 200'
Red is greater than 200' of inaccuracy.

So what does this mean (blue) ?

http://skydemon.aero/forums/Uploads/Images/35d8dfbc-54ae-4e09-b04c-c00b.JPG

Thanks - Jon.
nje
nje
Thanks Hannah, I have just reset my network settings and it didn't solve the problem, however, reseting the network settings doesn't get rid of the bluetooth link with my GPS so, after telling the ipad to 'forget the link' and then re-pairing the ipad and gps it worked.

I have booted up , opened Skydemon and shutdown 5 times now and it only failed to work on the 3rd occassion, but that was probably just being temprimental.

I still have the blue triangle though and still no idea what it means!!
shortfinal
shortfinal
Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)
I have also been having this problem on my iPad3. Switching the iPad off and then on again seems to have solved it although I haven't flown since trying that fix.

In common with others, I also have the blue triangle. It would be really good to have an answer to the question of what this means. It has been asked a few times now so could I politely ask for an answer soon.

Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search