Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Separate iPad Section Within Forum?

Author
MFC_Fly
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Would it be possible to have a separate section in the forum for those wishing to post about the iPad app?

Since the launch of this very popular update questions, comments and advice seem to be taking over the general 'SkyDemon Navigation' section to the extent that those of us without an iPad are having to trawl through a lot of threads to find ones of interest to us Wink
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)
I'll second that request
freddie0509
freddie0509
Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)
I bought a SD Mobile unit last November but since the launch of the Ipad App i've decided to use that instead. Thats means i have a spare SD Mobile unit in as new condition. I was simply going to put it on Ebay (i still may) but thought i would check here to see if anyone out there would like to buy it from me.
platk
platk
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
freddie0509 (06/03/2012)
I bought a SD Mobile unit last November but since the launch of the Ipad App i've decided to use that instead. Thats means i have a spare SD Mobile unit in as new condition. I was simply going to put it on Ebay (i still may) but thought i would check here to see if anyone out there would like to buy it from me.

I might be interested. How much do you want for it? Have you had a chance to compare the two? I am interested to know if the IPAD is as accurate as the Mobile and if it can update position as frequently. I would like to hear from anyone who has tried both.
freddie0509
freddie0509
Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)
I paid full price in November but i would be happy to get £450 for it. Having compared the two i would have to say that i couldn't detect much difference in the accuracy. Certainly good enough for VFR. The SD Mobile has the advantage of the Instrument page with ILS if that is important. The iPad has a clearer display and you can get real time info whilst flying if you have 3G. Its a matter of preference. Let me know what you think.
platk
platk
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
freddie0509 (06/03/2012)
I paid full price in November but i would be happy to get £450 for it. Having compared the two i would have to say that i couldn't detect much difference in the accuracy. Certainly good enough for VFR. The SD Mobile has the advantage of the Instrument page with ILS if that is important. The iPad has a clearer display and you can get real time info whilst flying if you have 3G. Its a matter of preference. Let me know what you think.

If you'll accept £425 you have a deal!
Could you reply to paullatkinson@gmail.com

Thanks
freddie0509
freddie0509
email sent, look forward to hearing from you
MFC_Fly
MFC_Fly
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Now the hijacking of the thread appears to be over!

Still pretty hacked off rummaging through all the iPad posts to find the Mobile ones - come on, PLEASE let's have a separate iPad section in the forum!!! Any response from Tim or his team??
nwhite007
nwhite007
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
I also agree with other members that it has now become necessary to have a stand alone iPad section on the forum, I have used both devices iPad and SD mobile and both work great, but trying to find information about the SD mobile device etc has become very painful with the prominence of the iPad. I have decided to use the iPad as my preffered option and therefore would like a designated section to swap info and tips, in doing this it would alleviate the hassle for the SD mobile users etc in trawling through loads of unecessary posts.

Regards

Nigel
Huntwing
Huntwing
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
I agree this forum is not the easiest to navigate at the best of times and having iPad as separate area would improve the situation
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search