Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to best find "nearest" navaids or waypoints

Author
t
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
pgroell - 10/22/2024 4:18:02 PM
You have that at the bottom of the pilotlog, the nearest navaids will be updated as you fly.

Oh, that's a great feature -- this is what I was looking for. Thanks for pointing this out.

teba99
t
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
grahamb - 10/23/2024 7:36:33 AM
teba99 - 10/22/2024 2:00:04 PM
Hi,

For example, if you need to determine position via nearby VORs or intersect/navigate a VOR when you are given the name but not the identifier. E.g. "radial 120 Karsruhe VOR" ... unless you know that's KRH, how are you going to find it?

It might help to know that if you enter the full (or even partial) name of the Navaid rather than its Ident in the search bar when in Flight mode, it will display it in at or close to the top of the results list. You can then select it with a touch, and track a radial as one of the options.

Ah, thanks - I need to type in at least two letters, but then if I scroll down a bit I see the VOR. Great!

teba99
t
Tim Dawson - 10/23/2024 8:50:18 AM
Thanks for explaining a bit more about your predicament. We don't get a lot of demand for radio navaid-based functionality, being a GPS app, but I absolutely understand the requirement. I wonder if it would make sense to add the nearest VORs to the Radio tab? We would probably only add them if they were turned on on the map, though. What do the people reading this thread think?

Terrence, is this an IFR situation you're in?

This is for VFR. I think the above solutions (list of near navaids in pilot log, or in search function but scroll further down) are fine for my needs.

Thanks,
-- Terrence 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search