Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD + SkyEcho2 = no internet data ??

Author
T
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello. I apologize for starting a topic surely discussed, but I have read several posts and it is still not clear to me.
I have SD on a tablet (android) without own internet data, but with a shared Wi-Fi connection from my smartphone (android).
The point is that I bought SkyEcho2, which as you know offers a wifi access to connect the device where you have SD. In this way, I can navigate without problem with GPS and traffic, but I run out of data to keep the NOTAMs, destination METARs and other information that can be useful updated.
If I try to use SD on the phone, connected to SkyEcho, it also has no internet data.
Any idea about how to fix it, or are you guys flying with no live connection?
Thank you (Miguel).
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Tenemike - 11/18/2022 9:27:16 PM
Hello. I apologize for starting a topic surely discussed, but I have read several posts and it is still not clear to me.
I have SD on a tablet (android) without own internet data, but with a shared Wi-Fi connection from my smartphone (android).
The point is that I bought SkyEcho2, which as you know offers a wifi access to connect the device where you have SD. In this way, I can navigate without problem with GPS and traffic, but I run out of data to keep the NOTAMs, destination METARs and other information that can be useful updated.
If I try to use SD on the phone, connected to SkyEcho, it also has no internet data.
Thank you (Miguel).

Hello Miguel,
I run SD on my Samsung smart phone.
I also have a SkyEcho 2 connected for ADS-B and FLARM reception.
I occasionally have issues getting internet data to work but have found a fix, which always seems to work.
1. Ensure your SE2 is powered off.
2. Then start SD and select "go Flying".
3. Then power up your SE2 and wait for the SD error message to clear.
Internet data should then connect okay.
I have the SD "Wind" instrument display as it is a quick way to see if data is working. Wind speed and direction should be displayed within a few seconds.
Tony

Tenemike
T
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Tony N - 11/21/2022 8:27:13 PM
Tenemike - 11/18/2022 9:27:16 PM
Thank you (Miguel).

Hello Miguel,
I run SD on my Samsung smart phone.
I also have a SkyEcho 2 connected for ADS-B and FLARM reception.
I occasionally have issues getting internet data to work but have found a fix, which always seems to work.
1. Ensure your SE2 is powered off.
2. Then start SD and select "go Flying".
3. Then power up your SE2 and wait for the SD error message to clear.
Internet data should then connect okay.
I have the SD "Wind" instrument display as it is a quick way to see if data is working. Wind speed and direction should be displayed within a few seconds.
Tony

I've tried, Tony, but it didn't work for me. Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search