Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Anyone Bluetoothed SD audio to a Garmin audio panel?

Author
C
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I’m trying to get SD audio from my iPad into my Garmin GMA 345 audio panel via Bluetooth. The Garmin manual is not entirely clear about the different types of Bluetooth connections and I’d like to know if anyone else has successfully done it.

I can connect successfully and hear music or (non-SD) speech from my iPad in my headset. When the iPad and GMA are connected the GMA “Bluetooth annunciator” remains a steady blue as expected. Additionally, when speech is actually being sent the GMA “Tel” key displays blue, again as expected.

But nothing at all happens when SD should be issuing an audio alert – no audio in headset or blue “Tel” key. I do get SD audio out of the iPad internal speaker when Bluetooth disconnected.

The GMA manual states “Bluetooth capability supports HFP (including HFP v1.6 Wide Band Speech mode), A2DP, and AVRCP”. Does SD support one of these formats, or am I flogging a dead horse?

Many thanks for any help!   [SD Version 3.15.4]

zwischennetz
zwischennetz
Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)Too Much Forum (717 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Works for me, ipad gen 5 to GMA345. In my understanding you don't need to worry about the bluetooth protocols, if you can get other audio from the ipad to the intercom then the connection works as it should. Did you try to play music and get an audio alert at the same time? That also works for me.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search