Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Verbal Warnings stop working

Author
A
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone else experienced an issue with verbal warnings being “clipped”?

My setup is iPad mini and Bose A20 connected via Bluetooth. Everything works perfectly initially but after a period of time (maybe 10 mins I don’t know) the warnings become “clipped” and often don’t come through, almost like something is in some sort of “sleep mode” and doesn’t wake up fast enough?
Sorry to be so vague!!
Happy Wanderer
H
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Al Evans - 5/22/2021 7:14:02 PM
Has anyone else experienced an issue with verbal warnings being “clipped”?

My setup is iPad mini and Bose A20 connected via Bluetooth. Everything works perfectly initially but after a period of time (maybe 10 mins I don’t know) the warnings become “clipped” and often don’t come through, almost like something is in some sort of “sleep mode” and doesn’t wake up fast enough?
Sorry to be so vague!!

Long shot maybe Al, but have a peek at the A20 instructions - I've disabled the 'Auto-off' function inside the Control Module (which is enabled in factory settings) and basically means the ANC doesn't go to sleep. This is what my version of the A20 manual says:
Auto Off functionality

The Auto Off feature detects when the headset is not in use and shuts it off after
several minutes to preserve battery power. The exact time it takes to shut off
varies and can range between 3 to 9 minutes after you stop using the headset.
When the headset is running on battery power only and is not plugged in to an
intercom, it will shut off even when there is an auxiliary input present.
If you are on a phone call and unplugged from an intercom, the headset will
allow you to complete your call, then it will turn off approximately three seconds
after the call is terminated.
Note: To use the headset when unplugged from the intercom to listen to auxiliary
input audio or as a Bluetooth® wireless technology-enabled headset to make or receive
calls, we recommend you disable the Auto Off feature for uninterrupted functionality.

Al Evans
A
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
I eventually tracked this down to an iPad issue; when the processor is running towards capacity the Bluetooth connection suffers.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search