Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Recommendations for Collision avoidance system that best integrates with SD

Recommendations for Collision avoidance system that best integrates...
Author
James Pearce
Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It's time I bit the bullet and get myself a collision avoidance system but wonder what experiences SD users have had.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
James Pearce - 3/15/2021 3:21:10 PM
It's time I bit the bullet and get myself a collision avoidance system but wonder what experiences SD users have had.

It'd help if you enlighten where you intend to fly?

For European flying I definitely advice to have a look at StratuxEU https://github.com/b3nn0/stratux/releases/ with SoftRF transmitter for low power active conspicuity based on the Fab501 fork of SoftRF https://github.com/Fab501/SoftRF

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I am very happy with my SkyEcho 2. Works well with SD and even detects FLARM transmissions if you purchase the extra license option from SD.
Tony

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
What is your aircraft type, and what transponder, if any, is fitted? What are your typical flights and where?

The first priority must always be to make yourself conspicuous, preferably via the international standard ADS-B. How you do that may or may not pre-determine your means of detecting others, 

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I should also have mentioned I have ADS-B Out via my Trig TT21 (uncertified GPS source).
Tony N

Rob P
Rob P
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
We use the ever-improving PilotAware in the RV that allows us to see - and more importantly be warned audibly by SD - of traffic that might become a conflict. With the government subsidy have just added a Trig GPS to link to the transponder so that suitably equipped traffic sees us. It seems the best and cheapest solution with longevity.

Rob P

Edited 3/24/2021 5:00:06 PM by Rob P
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search