Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Button to show aerial photography of the ground around your aircraft

Author
c
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have done my night rating and just about to start my IR(R) and have thought about what to do in an emergency when you can’t see the ground.

Could we have an option to save aerial photography along our planned route, so that in an emergency (such as engine failure at night or above cloud etc) we can quickly add the aerial overlay to help identify fields or safe spaces to land?

I would much rather trust a gps overlay than “Aim for a dark patch, and if you don’t like what you see turn your lights off” even if it is for VFR use only.

Maybe have this feature as an emergency use button somewhere so we aren’t digging into menus.

In fact an emergency button that de clutters all airspace and restrictions adds known low ground features such as pylons and masts, brings up reminders of best glide and procedures would potentially be a lifesaver.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search