Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Planning only mode on iPad

Author
v
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have a Skydemon subscription which allows 2 mobile devices and 2 Windows PC. However, I do not have a Windows PC and use my iPad to do my planning then take an old iPhone flying with me. These 2 devices use up the 2 mobile licenses. I also have Skydemon installed in my normal iPhone but it's not signed in as there are no licenses left for it.

I have never needed to use my second phone in flight but I assume it will need an internet connection to sign in before use. However, it would be great if the iPad could somehow be used in a "planning only" mode and take up one of the PC licenses which means I can have Skydemon signed in on both phones that I take flying with me. 

May be the licensing model can be thought of being 2 planning only devices + 2 flight & planning devices and you can choose to assign the license type when signing. Fly mode would only be enabled if flight & planning license is used.

Kind regards,

Linh

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
vln104 - 8/31/2020 9:00:40 AM
Hi,

I have a Skydemon subscription which allows 2 mobile devices and 2 Windows PC. However, I do not have a Windows PC and use my iPad to do my planning then take an old iPhone flying with me. These 2 devices use up the 2 mobile licenses. I also have Skydemon installed in my normal iPhone but it's not signed in as there are no licenses left for it.

I have never needed to use my second phone in flight but I assume it will need an internet connection to sign in before use. However, it would be great if the iPad could somehow be used in a "planning only" mode and take up one of the PC licenses which means I can have Skydemon signed in on both phones that I take flying with me. 

May be the licensing model can be thought of being 2 planning only devices + 2 flight & planning devices and you can choose to assign the license type when signing. Fly mode would only be enabled if flight & planning license is used.

Kind regards,

Linh

You can still navigate with a mobile device even though it is no longer logged in under your account. It won't support any cloud functionality, AIP and chart updates, nor receive any live weather or NOTAM data, but works perfectly fine as a navigator. 

You can keep it up to date chart- and AIP-wise, and share settings, aircraft, routes and logs by logging it in from time to time. Just don't log out from it - you just 'pass the token' to the other machines by logging them out and back in.

It's what I do with a third device which I use exclusively as a traffic radar screen.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search