Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Microsoft 2020 Flight simulator and Skydemon

Author
James Pearce
Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
First, let me commend MS on a fantastic product with FS2020 (All 127 Gb of it, 10 hours to download). The graphics and particularly the clouds are so real - and, a 172 will spin !!
I've been using XP11 linked to SkyDemon and it's a marvellous aid to learning how to use SD. There must be some clever chaps out there who have worked out how to use MS2020's data output to drive SD ? It's not immediately obvious but if anyone has any ideas they'd like to share, I'd be most grateful.

Tailwinds
T
Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)
I asked the same question about a month ago on this forum (See link Below), and had a reply from someone suggesting some piece of Software but I haven't got around to delving into it. I don't fancy the idea of downloading an additional software just to get FS2020 to talk with SD so I'd also be interested as well to hear if anybody has a simple solution.

damdam
d
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
James Pearce - 8/22/2020 5:01:08 PM
First, let me commend MS on a fantastic product with FS2020 (All 127 Gb of it, 10 hours to download). The graphics and particularly the clouds are so real - and, a 172 will spin !!
I've been using XP11 linked to SkyDemon and it's a marvellous aid to learning how to use SD. There must be some clever chaps out there who have worked out how to use MS2020's data output to drive SD ? It's not immediately obvious but if anyone has any ideas they'd like to share, I'd be most grateful.

One way to have it working with MS FS2020 is through an additional App called Xmapsy. It's payware (though it's quite cheap) but there's also a "light" version you can try out before purchase. This app essentially connects to MS FS2020 and then acts as a "Proxy" to SkyDemon, using the SIMCONNECT protocol.
I have it working with no issues using my Windows version of SkyDemon. I also tested it with the Android/IOS versions of SkyDemon and it does work but it often gets disconnected (and it riconnects shortly after); I'm pretty sure though this is not related to the use of Xmapsy (since the windows app works flawlessly) but it's somehow related to the Mobile SkyDemon version of the app (I'm still investigating through)

techie59
t
Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)
damdam - 8/24/2020 3:38:05 PM
James Pearce - 8/22/2020 5:01:08 PM

One way to have it working with MS FS2020 is through an additional App called Xmapsy. It's payware (though it's quite cheap) but there's also a "light" version you can try out before purchase. This app essentially connects to MS FS2020 and then acts as a "Proxy" to SkyDemon, using the SIMCONNECT protocol.
I have it working with no issues using my Windows version of SkyDemon. I also tested it with the Android/IOS versions of SkyDemon and it does work but it often gets disconnected (and it riconnects shortly after); I'm pretty sure though this is not related to the use of Xmapsy (since the windows app works flawlessly) but it's somehow related to the Mobile SkyDemon version of the app (I'm still investigating through)

Great to know it is working. Could you please provide some details on how you install it and set it up? What is being started first, etc... I can't get it to work even though I bought the full version
cecile
c
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
It's been reported that Microsoft was not planning to develop any connectors for SkyDemon or other similar apps any time soon... so no choice we must use a third party plugin.

I just see another plugin that also connects FS2020 to SkyDemon: MSFS Bridge (https://secure.simmarket.com/fily-it-msfs-bridge-connector-for-foreflight-and-skydemon.phtml) - worth a try for the price...

Rakamora
R
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
So how do i exactly do i get skydemon to work with fs2020?
biggbest
b
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
As @cecile stated, give MSFS Bridge a try. Easy steps to connect, no more than 2 minutes to connect.
Tailwinds
T
Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)
Does this MS Bridge app work on the Windows Desktop version of SkyDemon? I've always had my flight Simulator on my main monitor and open the SD Windows Desktop version on the other monitor. That's how I usually do it with Xplane. Can I do the same thing with MS FS2020 using the MSFS Bridge app?
Tailwinds
T
Well I just tried
damdam - 8/24/2020 3:38:05 PM

I've just tried the Demo version.. It does indeed seem to work flawlessly on the W10 Desktop version of SkyDemon but does lose connection intermittently when using the mobile version of SD and it loses connection every couple of minutes so is not reliable. This I believe is an issue with SD and not Xmapsy. However, at 18 Euro for the full version it's seriously making me think twice now that I've heard about MS-Bridge which is only 6 euros so a massive difference in price for basically an app that is doing the same thing. 

milansmid
milansmid
Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.1K reputation)
For a free solution refer to http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost32043.aspx

Milan

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search