Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Inputting NnnnnnnWnnnnnnn to Garmin GTN650 from a SD plog

Author
neilmurg
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I fly with a Garmin GNS430 or GTN650.
I have once successfully put in user waypoints using NnnnnnnWnnnnnnn from SD, but I get confused between DMS, DM.m and D.d in SD AND the Garmin. Is there a simple guide to doing both (430 & 650)? I'm not in a position to add hardware, I know that I could use Garmin Pilot+650, but I use SD+PAw.
The 650, it will take deg + decimal deg, deg + min + dec min, deg + min + sec. They all look very similar as printed! SD seems to report all 3 types of position (When you make the point a waypoint), but it's never clear which is which until you hunt through and figure it out based on the relative numbers.
With A LITTLE MORE information I could enter them easily, but not when the engine is running and I've got 9 possible combinations to compare. So, I'm asking for A LITTLE MORE information, someone does this surely?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
neilmurg - 8/16/2020 9:12:48 PM
I fly with a Garmin GNS430 or GTN650.
I have once successfully put in user waypoints using NnnnnnnWnnnnnnn from SD, but I get confused between DMS, DM.m and D.d in SD AND the Garmin. Is there a simple guide to doing both (430 & 650)? I'm not in a position to add hardware, I know that I could use Garmin Pilot+650, but I use SD+PAw.
The 650, it will take deg + decimal deg, deg + min + dec min, deg + min + sec. They all look very similar as printed! SD seems to report all 3 types of position (When you make the point a waypoint), but it's never clear which is which until you hunt through and figure it out based on the relative numbers.
With A LITTLE MORE information I could enter them easily, but not when the engine is running and I've got 9 possible combinations to compare. So, I'm asking for A LITTLE MORE information, someone does this surely?

The default in SD is DM.M. Touch on the map and that’s what shown in the pop-up.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
See Page 15 of the SD User Manual.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore