Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pre 2015 Bose A20's audio streaming

Author
James Pearce
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've discovered my pre 2015 Bose A20's will not stream audio from SkyDemon on my ipad Pro.
A quick Google soon highlighted the problem as the absence of A2DP Bluetooth protocol in the earlier headsets. They work fine with the phone, making and receiving calls but are no good for streaming music or audio from other devices.
The answer ? Throw money at it (£240) and Bose will supply an updated control, mic and cable, very easy to fit, just two screws and it now works fine.
With the aeroplane confined to the hangar, the apron like a bog, I am happily using SkyDemon in simulator mode on my ipad, getting used to it's awesome potential but importantly, receiving alarms and alerts through the A20's.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
James Pearce - 3/18/2020 11:48:09 AM
I've discovered my pre 2015 Bose A20's will not stream audio from SkyDemon on my ipad Pro.
A quick Google soon highlighted the problem as the absence of A2DP Bluetooth protocol in the earlier headsets. They work fine with the phone, making and receiving calls but are no good for streaming music or audio from other devices.
The answer ? Throw money at it (£240) and Bose will supply an updated control, mic and cable, very easy to fit, just two screws and it now works fine.
With the aeroplane confined to the hangar, the apron like a bog, I am happily using SkyDemon in simulator mode on my ipad, getting used to it's awesome potential but importantly, receiving alarms and alerts through the A20's.

I had an 'old style' A20 which I upgraded last year with the later control box with A2DP. I was able to save a bit on the cost by buying them while I was out in the US staying with my brother.

You're right, it works a treat paired with the iPhone running the traffic display.

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Before upgrading my old A20 with a new Bluetooth control box, I used a simple 3.5mm headphone jack cable (male both ends) to connect the headphone output of the tablet to the aux input on the A20 controller. It also worked.

However, the Bluetooth connection from tablet to A20 I get by using the new A20 Bluetooh controller is more stable and does away with one cable. The latter is a major advantage in the cockpit environment and on its own justified, for me, the expense of the new A20 controller.

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search