Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"Append to Route" option in flight

Author
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
"Append to Route" was - I think! - previously available in flight if you tapped a new waypoint.

The options in the pop-up menu now under "Route", after pressing and holding a point on the map, are limited to "Insert in Route" and "Shortcut". 

Can we have "Append to Route" also provided as an option, please? 

It's very helpful when, for example, there is a problem at the planned destination and a rapid routing to an unplanned Alternate becomes necessary.

I would also use it when I plan an "out and back" route to a specific place on a Local flight, and I want to extend the trip 'on the fly'. This is not uncommon where I operate in lots of Class G and I find I have more time than anticipated to e.g. photograph additional points of interest.

Thanks.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)
DaveWhite - 6/13/2020 3:08:29 PM
"Append to Route" was - I think! - previously available in flight if you tapped a new waypoint.

The options in the pop-up menu now under "Route", after pressing and holding a point on the map, are limited to "Insert in Route" and "Shortcut". 

Can we have "Append to Route" also provided as an option, please? 

It's very helpful when, for example, there is a problem at the planned destination and a rapid routing to an unplanned Alternate becomes necessary.

I would also use it when I plan an "out and back" route to a specific place on a Local flight, and I want to extend the trip 'on the fly'. This is not uncommon where I operate in lots of Class G and I find I have more time than anticipated to e.g. photograph additional points of interest.

Thanks.

There’s a way you can do it now, actually. Tap on the current last leg to unlock it and rubber the end point to the new destination, then unlock it again to rubber band the ‘middle’ to the original destination. 

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Thanks, Graham.  Yes, that's my current workaround:  It's fine, but not an ideal. user experience (for me, anyway).

However, in the past I have sometimes wanted to add a number of additional legs to the route I planned pre-flight, and that workaround does drive the workload up more than I'd prefer when you are doing more than one.  

"Append to Route" is much quicker and less error prone.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
This has been discussed before here. Append to Route is already available in Planning Mode across all platforms and in Navigation Mode on the PC only. It would be extremely useful to have it available in Navigation Mode across all platforms (feature parity?), so I would like to add my support for this as a feature request.
Graham's suggestion certainly works, but I find it unnecessarily complex to execute in flight, especially in bumpy conditions.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

rogerabc
rogerabc
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
I would also like to be able to "append to route" in flight.
Also ability to route direct to a new waypoint without erasing the existing flight plan.
What is the logic for not including these options Tim?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search