Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problem showing multiple logs in Google Earth

Author
P
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've been keeping all my flight logs exported from SkyDemon into Google Earth so I can see everywhere I've been.

I was doing another batch recently and for some reason it will not show all the new ones I add all at the same time. They are all imported and showing in myplaces, but only one at a time will show. All the other old ones display fine, but any new one I add now it only allows to display one at a time.

Has anything changed with the file format? Anyone else experience similar issue or someone doing the same and it works fine?

only thing I noticed is that there used to be a "timings" folder in the export file which is not there any more so wondering if any other changes might have affected this.

Thank you.

Paul

Files exported from SD 3.13.6.0 on Windows 10 and iPad 3.13.6.238
Google Earth Pro version 7.3.3.7721 on Windows 10 and 7.3.3.7699 on OS X.

Paul Buckley
P
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Paul Buckley - 6/11/2020 10:11:24 AM
Hi,

I've been keeping all my flight logs exported from SkyDemon into Google Earth so I can see everywhere I've been.

I was doing another batch recently and for some reason it will not show all the new ones I add all at the same time. They are all imported and showing in myplaces, but only one at a time will show. All the other old ones display fine, but any new one I add now it only allows to display one at a time.

Has anything changed with the file format? Anyone else experience similar issue or someone doing the same and it works fine?

only thing I noticed is that there used to be a "timings" folder in the export file which is not there any more so wondering if any other changes might have affected this.

Thank you.

Paul

typical, I've been playing around with this for ages and just thought to check the release logs, and see a time slider function was added in 3.13.4 so I fiddled with that and can make them all appear again now, but not really clear on how I did it or what it is doing.

what is it's function please, especially considering if you have multiple logs imported?

thank you

Paul

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Hi,

Thank you.

Paul

Which time slot did you select in GoogleEarth? The time slider is kind of a tricky bitch, or in modern speak 'smart'.
The only change I know of from Skydemon was to change the time stamps format in the kml files to comply with the GoogleEarth notation.

Edited 6/11/2020 11:03:21 AM by MarkusM
Paul Buckley
P
MarkusM - 6/11/2020 10:49:46 AM
Hi,

Thank you.

Paul

Which time slot did you select in GoogleEarth? The time slider is kind of a tricky bitch, or in modern speak 'smart'.

I discovered what I did is to open the time slot up completely then everything shows. obviously the idea is you can select a specific time period and see which flights you took between those dates, but it doesn't work on the older flights, just the more recent ones. I suppose to enable it there must be something different in the kml file introduced in 3.13.4

For my purpose I would rather just turn it off completely, but so far cannot find a way to do that.

The change also seems to mean I can't turn off the display of the route title on the map which is a bit annoying too, but maybe that is there someone and I just haven't found it yet.

thanks!

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Paul Buckley - 6/11/2020 10:54:57 AM
Hi,

Thank you.

Paul

I discovered what I did is to open the time slot up completely then everything shows. obviously the idea is you can select a specific time period and see which flights you took between those dates, but it doesn't work on the older flights, just the more recent ones. I suppose to enable it there must be something different in the kml file introduced in 3.13.4

For my purpose I would rather just turn it off completely, but so far cannot find a way to do that.

The change also seems to mean I can't turn off the display of the route title on the map which is a bit annoying too, but maybe that is there someone and I just haven't found it yet.

thanks!

Yes, it only works for the younger ones since Skydemon changed times to GE format. You can switch all off and one, just need to get acquainted with GE functions (which can be annoying ;-) ...).

Paul Buckley
P
MarkusM - 6/11/2020 11:04:48 AM
Hi,

Thank you.

Paul

thanks!

Yes, it only works for the younger ones since Skydemon changed times to GE format. You can switch all off and one, just need to get acquainted with GE functions (which can be annoying ;-) ...).

how to switch off? thanks.

pilot-byom
p
Paul Buckley - 6/11/2020 11:05:51 AM
MarkusM - 6/11/2020 11:04:48 AM
Hi,

Thank you.

Paul

thanks!

how to switch off? thanks.

When I remeber correct, the route title is connected to the PIN? Just deselect the Pin.

Paul Buckley
P
Yes, but now that pin is along with the route itself, so turning off the pin and description gets rid of the route too! 😢
Paul Buckley
P
Paul Buckley - 6/11/2020 12:12:14 PM
Yes, but now that pin is along with the route itself, so turning off the pin and description gets rid of the route too! 😢

in the myplaces list, it is now an upward facing arrow indicating a gx:track.

examining the kml, I cannot see anything specifically referring to a pin, like a <point>, so I guess GE puts a pin in there automatically on the first coord?

I can blank the text easily enough so that is not there, but getting rid of the extra pin seems to be an issue.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search