Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding a new airfield (after original destination) in flight...

Author
S
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is this possible?  I plan and depart towards Popham, but decide in the air to go to Henstridge.  I want to keep the route to Popham however.  How do I add to my flightplan AFTER the destination?

Then, a strange one, I add waypoints (in flight) - VOR, NDB etc are put in by identifier and show in the route log by identifier.  Airports, though, show as their lat-long (and sometimes the lat long is a couple of miles away from the airport).  Anybody else had the same?

Cheers, Sam.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Sam Rutherford - 2/29/2020 4:57:26 PM
Is this possible?  I plan and depart towards Popham, but decide in the air to go to Henstridge.  I want to keep the route to Popham however.  How do I add to my flightplan AFTER the destination?

Then, a strange one, I add waypoints (in flight) - VOR, NDB etc are put in by identifier and show in the route log by identifier.  Airports, though, show as their lat-long (and sometimes the lat long is a couple of miles away from the airport).  Anybody else had the same?

Cheers, Sam.

Is this possible? I plan and depart towards Popham, but decide in the air to go to Henstridge. I want to keep the route to Popham however. How do I add to my flightplan AFTER the destination?

It is not possible to do directly, but there is a work around. Whilst enroute to Popham, tap on Henstridge to bring up the What's Here menu, then tap on Routing and then Route Direct. This removes Popham from your route, so tap the magenta line to momentarily unlock it and then 'rubber band' it to Popham. What you end up with is a route to Henstridge via the Popham overhead. Is this what you had in mind?

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Sam Rutherford
S
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Sky Painter - 3/1/2020 12:22:22 PM

Cheers, Sam.

Is this possible? I plan and depart towards Popham, but decide in the air to go to Henstridge. I want to keep the route to Popham however. How do I add to my flightplan AFTER the destination?

It is not possible to do directly, but there is a work around. Whilst enroute to Popham, tap on Henstridge to bring up the What's Here menu, then tap on Routing and then Route Direct. This removes Popham from your route, so tap the magenta line to momentarily unlock it and then 'rubber band' it to Popham. What you end up with is a route to Henstridge via the Popham overhead. Is this what you had in mind?

Hi Mike,

Thanks, yes - but no...  Smile

Assume I have a route to Popham from Germany, a nice complicated one (!) - and want to make my change just after take-off.  How do I achieve my aim (continue to Henstridge) whilst keeping my complicated route as far as Popham in place?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Sam Rutherford - 3/2/2020 2:57:10 AM
Sky Painter - 3/1/2020 12:22:22 PM

Cheers, Sam.

Hi Mike,

Thanks, yes - but no...  Smile

Assume I have a route to Popham from Germany, a nice complicated one (!) - and want to make my change just after take-off.  How do I achieve my aim (continue to Henstridge) whilst keeping my complicated route as far as Popham in place?
Hi Sam,

Try the following:
- tap the final leg to Popham to unlock it.
- rubber band it to make Henstridge a waypoint.
- touch and hold Popham to bring up the ‘What’s here’ pop-up, and remove it as a waypoint.
- touch the now final leg to Henstridge to unlock it
- rubber band it to overhead Popham to make it a waypoint.
- (Optional) touch Popham to bring up the ‘What’s here’ pop-up, touch Routing’, and select Land Here if that’s what you expect to do. 

Edited 3/2/2020 7:00:51 AM by grahamb
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Hi Sam

I hadn't realised that your departure airfield is in Germany – you failed to mention that in your original post! It makes a big difference!

However, Graham's suggestion should work for you.

In the What's Here popup under the Routing tab, there are currently two options – Insert in Route and Route Direct. Perhaps we can persuade the SD team to add a third option of Add to Route. That would solve this particular problem. I'm sure that you're not the only one to have come across this problem.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Edited 3/2/2020 11:49:39 AM by Sky Painter
Sam Rutherford
S
Hi Mike,

I just made up 'Germany' to nudge towards the 'add to route' that you suggest.

I can do it on my 796, FF and others - so I think a nice item/option to add to SD.

Thank you both for your help!

Cheers, Sam.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
The PC version of SD has an "Append to Route" function. It would be nice to have similar functionality in SD Android & iOS.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search