Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Tipp: split screen for pilot log / approach plates etc.

Author
psuter
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
especially when flying abroad where i'm not so familiar with city and airport names i often find myself using both my mobile phone and tablet at the same time both running skydemon. on the tablet i display the map and all while on the mobile phone i keep the pilot log open. this allows me to have a list of my next waypoints with names and ETA's at hand when i make radio calls and i can still see the map and other traffic while i wait for a busy radio frequency to become available for my broadcast.

i wanted to post a feature request for a split-screen view that would allow me to show the pilot log on the other half of the screen. i wanted to suggest that also pdf's with airport information could be displayed this way during for example the approach briefing in-flight.
However, i realized that skydemon and android (and i think also iOS) can already do this to a sufficient extent. so rather than a featur request, this is a tipp for other that might want the same feature. Please note, i haven't tried this in flight yet, only on the ground (as in, just now i in my office chair Smile)

i can't give instructions for ios devices as i have none available. but here is how i did it on my android phone:

Please note, skydemon, at least on my android phone, re-starts when switching between fullscreen and split-screen mode.. so its probably best to prepare your setup on the ground before take-off.

1.) with skydemon as your active window, enable split screen mode. on a modern android that is done going to the recent apps view (the view that allows you to switch back and forth between running apps) and clicking on the icon of skydemon and then select split screen.

2.) select any app as your secondary app
3.) in skydemon go to the pilot log display and select "print" in the upper right corner. Choose "A5" as papersize

4. this will open the generated PDF in the other part of the split-screen and you will see your pilot log there. in your skydemon window you can now switch back to the map display get in the air Smile

cheers
Pascal

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
RIDICULOUS OUTBURST DELETED

If you do it right, you use the route planning anyways. You also use the sharing function to document your planning for official auditing as well, my advice best by email so the accident investigators get it easy after you killed yourself. Part of your ‚This email contains my route‘ is the PLOG and of course you must be capable to use that document split screen. There is NOTHING to develop other than your capability.

Edited 4/8/2019 3:31:04 PM by stevelup
psuter
psuter
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
MarkusM - 4/7/2019 9:18:25 PM
-edited by mod- If you do it right, you use the route planning anyways. You also use the sharing function to document your planning for official auditing as well, my advice best by email so the accident investigators get it easy after you killed yourself. Part of your ‚This email contains my route‘ is the PLOG and of course you must be capable to use that document split screen. There is NOTHING to develop other than your capability.

gee markus, relax! you certainly know how to trow around big words. however, i fail to understand what you are so pissed about.. i plan my route as everybody else does, i save it to the cloud, so it is accessible as proof of my preparations and for investigation after an accident. If i really feel like being super doucmented, i even send out that email you where talking about, allthough i feel with the planned route saved to the skydemon cloud service it is kind of obsolete..
But: when i'm in flight, proceeding along my planned route, instead of accessing my pilot log through the respective function in skydemon which would then hide my chart while it displays the PLOG, i would like to show it split screen. The nice thing doing it out of skydemon via the prit function is, that you can update it in-flight. so if you need to re-route due to weather or because you can't get a crossing you where exepcting, you can simply "re-print" your route and it will update in that split screen view.

i didn't ask for anything to be developed, i just posted this as an idea of a possible workflow that is already possible right now.. hence i wrote in my original post
However, i realized that skydemon and android (and i think also iOS) can already do this to a sufficient extent. so rather than a featur request, this is a tipp

Edited 4/8/2019 3:33:36 PM by stevelup
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
I think language like that is totally out of place in a forum such as this. MarkusM, you demean yourself and the forum by behaving in that way.

psuter - whatever works for you, but I find a quick tap on the 'London Underground' sign (local knowledge) at the top of the chart to display the Plog, and then closing it when I have what I need, does it for me. I can't believe you fly along looking at your chart all the time Smile

stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I've edited the post. That was totally unnecessary...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search