Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Profiles and Units

Author
martinpicek
Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)Too Much Forum (185 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Speaking for pilots from Eastern Europe, would it be possible some day in the future version, to have an aircraft profile connected (as an option) with units set-up. Reason for this is that we fly with aircrafts equipped with "imperial" instruments as well as aircrafts with "metric". When I change the aircraft during the day, I have to set-up units accordingly (metres, miles, knots, litres, gallons, kg, pounds etc). For example Cessna or Piper are US types and obviously I have to change everything to reflect the aircraft, but Zlin, most of microlights have metric system built-in....
I hope I haven't missed this anywhere in the planning set-up and the topic is not already here.

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
It would be worth considering having the display units in SD be set by a unit setting made in the aircraft setup, as Martin suggested. The setting in SD would be a default setting which gets superceded by the one made in the aircraft selected.

-- Chris.
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.6K reputation)
ckurz7000 - 2/22/2016 4:15:31 PM
It would be worth considering having the display units in SD be set by a unit setting made in the aircraft setup, as Martin suggested. The setting in SD would be a default setting which gets superceded by the one made in the aircraft selected.

-- Chris.

Hi. In our flightclub we also have aircrafts with KT and others with MPH instrumentation. Could be nice to create aircraft profiles with the aircrafts instrumentation.
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
It might also be useful if the "own ship hex code" was moved into the aircraft profile rather than being an application setting.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Fully agree.... I already proposed this in the past but nobody picked it up at the time.
http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23147.aspx

Br,
J‌‌‌‌

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I think there are different situations here:
1‌. The POH has US gallons of fuel, pounds of mass and pound-inches of leverarm. It would be simplest to be able to enter these in the aircraft profile straight without any conversions (to avoid mistakes), but ‌be able to tell if the pump has refueled enough liters and put in people weighing kilograms. I will call this scenario "convert to display units".
2‌. The plane displays speeds in mph or km/h, not necessarily matching the POH. Here you want to keep displaying these units. I will call this "change display units".
3‌. Any combination of 1 and 2‌.

S‌o for any profile, you would need basically a table of what you want converted to baseline display units and ‌what not. A little heavy I guess.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search