Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Merge log function not user friendly - too cumbersome procedure

Author
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It happens occasionally that for some reason I lose the GPS signal and end up with 4-5 logs for one flight. When this happens I have departure name and arrival name - in between some "unknown-unknown" files with no further info but time stamp unless I enter each log. When I then merge - if possible as it often says I cannot due to duplicate names - but, when I manage I end up with more files and now have to figure out which one is redundant and so it goes on till I eventually have it merged together in the right way - unless I by mistake deletes the wrong one resulting in a loss of log as there are no undo function.

‌There has to be a more user friendly way Smile

H‌ow about a suggestion to a merge - if there is only seconds/minutes missing in the log it should be possible for the App to figure out they belong together and not even divide up the files into multiple. Maybe with an indication colorwise that it's not a 100% complete error free log. If multiple files, it would at least be nice to mark those in scope, and indicate file 1+2+3+4 should be merged into one file and then automatically the old files will be deleted and a new created.

‌‌‌I'm sure others can add to the solution.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search