Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

A small UTC-Time window somewhere on the screen during the flight

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

I'm unsure if this feature is there anywhere already
(and if so, please disregard and also please help me by pointing this out (on how to enable this) to me).
so:

I'd be happy to enjoy a new feature in SkyDemon, having a small but readable window, placed somewhere in a right-top corner (or configurable),
which would show just the four digits of the UTC time. And to have it big enough for a quick glance.

I can imagine another feature added to it (while the window showing live UTC time being a primary piece),
and that is,
a stop-watch (lap-watch).

For example, when flying circuits,
I'd like to tap a dedicated place on the screen, which would simply show the number of taps
(and thus showing a number of already flown landings/takeoffs) and internally storing date+time somewhere,
to be pulled out once finally landed (as a part of a flight log, ideally).

This might apply to doing landings or touch&gos on different airports,
yet it might already be covered within the flight log (automatic time decision on landing / takeoff).
Not sure on the circuits, haven't seen that in the log.

I'm describing this very vagualy, as I'd like to leave a lots of room of interpretation by the SkyDemon authors,
to allow this feature wish to fit into the direction that is set for SkyDemon.

Yet I would really be happy about seeing the clear UTC window (configurable, hide-able for others) in the native app.

thank you,
adam
Paull
P
Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)Too Much Forum (403 reputation)
Hi I fly microlights where space is at a premium. I use a Garmin GPS and a clock. I plan using Skydemon and I have been considering using the naviagation option and replacing the Garmin. I would find it very useful if there was clock / timer / or stopwatch available on the navigation screen.

Looking at a watch in an open cockpit when suited up is not easy! Which is why I have been using a seperate timer to monitor flight time and hence remaining duration. Having the time available would free up some space.

Regards

Paul
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)
I don’t wish to be argumentative, but your assertion that there is a requirement for a certified aircraft to carry a stopwatch is wrong. Means of displaying time, yes, but not a stopwatch.

Unless of course you can point me to the rule that says otherwise.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search