Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

X-Plane 10 altitude difference?

Author
l
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

‌I have just installed Skydeamon on an iPad ond on a PC, and activate the trial.
‌Just flying along, I notice a altitude difference in the display of Skydeamon and X-Plane 10.
‌As example Skydeamon now shows 750ft and X-Plane is showing 360ft. Guess it is something with GPS altitude shown in Skydeamon. But why is there this big difference?

‌br Lars

larsras
l
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Shifu - 12/31/2016 1:40:07 PM
Is this maybe simply PPL, Chapter 1, Lesson 1, Line 1, definition of barometric altitude ;-) ? What QNH was dialed into the sim?

‌Yes, the test flight I did with skydeamon was where I didn't adjust to local QNH.
‌Other external iPad/pc apps I use with x-plane simply displays the data from x-plane, and when I adjust QNH in the SIM all the external readings are also being adjusted. So is Skydeamon adjusting automatically or?

F4jock
F
Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)
Hi new to this forum hope I'm on the correct thread
I have sd on an iPad mini and x plane 10 on a pc trying to link the two the pc is linked to a router via an Ethernet cable can't seem to get the two to talk am I doing something wrong?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search