Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Automatic update of AIP Documents - do it like the nav chart data ?

Author
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
(Hopefully this isn't a topic that's covered elsewhere in this forum or an RTFM situation. I searched but couldn't find something exactly the same.)

I am using an iPad Air 2 64GB , SD version 3.4.1.15

In SD I use the 'Download AIP' option on the 'Plates' tab to grab the AIP's for all the countries I fly in (there's several because I'm based in the centre of Europe). If I understand the SD user manual the AIP data doesn't get automatically updated on our devices, but the AIP data does get updated on the SD servers every 28 days (like the nav chart data).

My suggestion is that SD allow the user to register countries for which they'd like to keep the AIP updated, just like we do for the nav chart data, and that SD then download's the AIP documents too automatically. The 'Setup-->Charts' selector screen currently has the option to switch on/off all the countries nav charts updates individually, so it would seem that adding an extra column of sliders (check-boxes) there with the title AIP would be a slick way to add the feature. I'd say that most devices have enough storage these days to handle the AIP documents, and that most wifi connections have enough bandwidth also, so having options to keep individual airfields updated and others not, doesn't seem important if you can grab the whole AIP.

Did I miss some feature of SD that already does this or could it be an option for implementation?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search