Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Tourist POI Layer.

Author
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Skydemon Team

I just completed another long flight with Skydemon proving a great aid (still on the original iPad).

Would it be possible to include an optional layer, perhaps in the planning stage primarily, of interesting things to see on the ground? Tourist POI, perhaps. I flew over some castles and beautiful bridges in France by chance that I would have preferred to include in the plan to identify and better enjoy. My passengers would have been able to get their cameras at the ready too.

Also it would be nice to have the ability to mark a point while flying to come back to identify it later.

Thanks again for a great product.

Christopher
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I can answer the second part of your question - you can already do this. Just press and hold on the screen and you can create a waypoint.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
I would simply use a tourist map in the planning stages and create waypoints at zheir locations in SD. It is, after all, a VFR flying aid. If the development team lose sight of that it might turn into an ugly beast.

-- Chris.
crackle
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I hadn't discovered the waypoint feature, thanks.

For me and others I've asked, a big part of VFR is the "visual". I like to enjoy the scenery, and the ability to add an optional tourist layer would add to flight enjoyment. I'm thinking of the sort of features you get with another application I used to use before SkyDemon, but can't remember the name, where you could select different layers and I think transparency.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search