SkyDemon

Oudie running SkyDemon

Oudie running SkyDemon

Author
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)Too Much Forum (230 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have managed to get a Naviter Oudie to run SkyDemon.
Load SkyDemon via your pc using ActiveSync into the Root
Drive of your Oudie.
Then rename the SkyDemon.exe file as ConnectMe.exe.
When the Oudie starts up just select ConnectMe and SD will
run. You might have to shuffle the Licence file into the Root Drive.

This gives you the option of running the great SeeYou Program for
Soaring and the other good program SkyDemon for GA.
waremark
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)

I would like to run SD on an Oudie IGC (the latest version with 12 hour battery on superb brightness, and secure logging for gliding badges). SD does not seem to be able to find the GPS signal.

The supplied gliding software seems to find the GPS signal on Com 4 at 119k baud. The SD software does not seem to let you set a speed higher than 57k baud. I am not sure whether this is the problem - I did not think the baud setting was relevant for an internal GPS, but maybe it is in this case.

Obviously SD is not as good on a Win CE device as on Android or IoS, and I also have it running on my iPhone and my Nexus 7. However, neither is as bright as the Oudie, and the internal battery life isn't good enough.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Can anyone help?
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team
SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)SkyDemon Team (290K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Nothing springs to mind, unless you were willing to lend us the device to have a look at it.
waremark
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)

Tim Dawson (2/3/2015)
Nothing springs to mind, unless you were willing to lend us the device to have a look at it.

Thanks for your prompt reply. For the moment I am not going to pursue this. I will run the Oudie with its native software as the primary navigation device, and run SkyDemon on my iPhone (with extended battery sleeve) in my pocket as backup and for all the other information in SkyDemon. If I come to a show where I expect to find a SkyDemon stand I will bring the Oudie along and discuss it further.

I like SkyDemon a lot. Thanks.
GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password:

Select a Forum....