Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Allowing GDL and Flarm concurrently

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I’ve been working with Lee@pilotaware and Sebastian@ADL.

They’ve helped me network the ADL to act as a client on the PaW WIFI which means I can use Skydemon with PaW and ADL with its own app, on the same iPad.

However I can’t use Skydemon to show all the data at once.

Sebastian is making a firmware change so that the user has the option to get it to just transmit GDL formatted weather but to suppress GPS and Traffic, such that the PaW transmits those.

The feature request is to make SD detect both protocols concurrently so you can get ADL weather and everything else from PaW.

This change would also open up multiple devices being able to be rendered in the future.
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
marioair - 5/26/2020 7:28:14 AM
I’ve been working with Lee@pilotaware and Sebastian@ADL. They’ve helped me network the ADL to act as a client on the PaW WIFI which means I can use Skydemon with PaW and ADL with its own app, on the same iPad. However I can’t use Skydemon to show all the data at once. Sebastian is making a firmware change so that the user has the option to get it to just transmit GDL formatted weather but to suppress GPS and Traffic, such that the PaW transmits those. The feature request is to make SD detect both protocols concurrently so you can get ADL weather and everything else from PaW. This change would also open up multiple devices being able to be rendered in the future.

The other option would be to agree an extension to the GDL format but I know that may not be prefered by Tim Dawson??

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search