SkyDemon

new to skydemon

new to skydemon

Author
Forum Member
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
HI all ,I recently discovered skydemon while visiting my flying club,and I was very impressed when shown its function..I currently use the Garmen GPS  Map 296 .But have been so impressed with all skydemon brings I thought I would get the download..but first I had to purchase an I pad as well. while looking on youtube for more tips on how best to use skydemon,I notice I dont have either the airfield plates or weather boxes on my skydemon light..are these extra downloads..if so where do I get them from..Many Thanks
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)

Sideslip_bobby - 7/30/2017 8:04:17 AM
HI all ,I recently discovered skydemon while visiting my flying club,and I was very impressed when shown its function..I currently use the Garmen GPS  Map 296 .But have been so impressed with all skydemon brings I thought I would get the download..but first I had to purchase an I pad as well. while looking on youtube for more tips on how best to use skydemon,I notice I dont have either the airfield plates or weather boxes on my skydemon light..are these extra downloads..if so where do I get them from..Many Thanks

SkyDemon Light is just that — a "light" version with a limited feature set. If you want the full functionality of SD you should consider purchasing a subscription. You won't regret it!

Mike
‌_________________________________________
Nexus 7 (2013) – Android 6.0.1 & SD 3.8.4.21196
PC – Win XP (Home Ed), SP3 & SD 3.8.4.0

mikeavison
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)

Sky Painter - 7/31/2017 8:35:54 AM
Sideslip_bobby - 7/30/2017 8:04:17 AM

SkyDemon Light is just that — a "light" version with a limited feature set. If you want the full functionality of SD you should consider purchasing a subscription. You won't regret it!

Sidslip said that he had paid and downloaded so I presume he does have skydemon (he is not just accessing skydemonlight through a browser).

I‌n which case the first thing to say is that sidslip, you are posting on the wrong forum, this forum is for skydemonlight (the free cut down version)

T‌o answer your question though, (well I can't fully). But certainly Pooley's plates are extra cost. I thought weather was included as standard,‌‌ Whether you have them or not when you search for an airfield you should see all the options. If you click on one which is extra cost (and you haven't already paid) you will see a message inviting you to a link to pay for it. 

S‌oooo if you are not seeing these tabs at all, I think maybe you have bought skydemon but now you are looking at skydemon light.

B‌asically Skydemon (when you have paid for it) is available to you via an app on your  phone/tablet (apple or android) and also available ‌‌to you on a windows PC via a downloaded program. This is the full product (+/- optional extras.)

B‌y contrast Skydemon Light ‌‌‌is a free cut down version (still very useful) which you can only access via certain web browsers (such as internet explorer). NB you can't access it via a browser on Android only Windows and (I think) Mac. And of course you have to have an internet connection to use it.

‌‌So it may be you have paid and downloaded the app to your PC/Mac but you then made the mistake of going to a browser and are looking at the free version. Just start the app if that is the case and all should become clear.

N‌B I understand from friends that the full version now comes with skydemon's own set of plates and I would guess ‌these are included in the basic package. (anyone correct me!)

B‌est Wishes  

M‌ike‌ Avison

GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password: