Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airfield frequencies

Author
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes just a option! It seems hard to understand...

Chris
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Chris_LSZO - 10/29/2016 9:10:47 AM
Yes just a option! It seems hard to understand...Chris

Chris

In this case it's not about feasibility, it's about necessity. In my opinion you're asking for eye candy here. All information you need is accessible in an easy way, as Tim already mentioned. Every 'just an option'  needs to be developed, integrated, tested & finalised. Every 'just an option' leads to a more & more bloated code and slows down the whole software eventually. I use SD a couple of years, but I fear we don't see the wood for the trees increasingly.

just my 2c

-mike
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.6K reputation)
Mike, you understand me totally wrong.
"Just an option" doesn't mean, it easy to implement, it mean you are not forced to use it. Okay?

You mean, its accessible in an easy way? Are you serious? You have to tap three times (!) to see just a frequency. Sorry, in my opinion thats not easy, and for sure its not easy in turbulent conditions.

Chris

tschnell
tschnell
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Well, you need two taps (SD orb -> Radio) and that does not only reveal one frequency, but rather all that are relevant in your current position. I very much prefer to access the information that way as opposed to another layer in the basemap.

Tobias
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
If you prefer this way, go for it... Again: Option!

Chris
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Chris_LSZO - 10/30/2016 6:59:37 PM
Mike, you understand me totally wrong.
"Just an option" doesn't mean, it easy to implement, it mean you are not forced to use it. Okay

Chris

you're asking for the implementation of a new layer to be presented in an obsolete way. SD is a intelligent software in supporting you with the right information at the right time. Why pursuing a track of permanent display of information without need? How would you display a big airports galore of initial frequencies? Tim won't give you a toggle in a prominent spot, in case some valuable information is hidden behind .  In my opinion we should force the option to get the radio window with ONE tap/long press somewhere on the main screen. I'm arguing over this with Tim for ages, until now without countable result. My proposal would be a double tap on the virtual radar, because its big - hence easy to invoke even in bumpy skys!

-mike
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
I agree that getting to radio frequencies could be easier - indeed I posted here asking for an optional layer over a year ago. I always have a paper PLOG in the aircraft, and that's always my first place to go to for expected frequencies, only going to the radio page for an unplanned diversion. An easier way to get the frequencies on screen (and in readably large text!) might be a good compromise.
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Mike@EDTG - 10/30/2016 9:31:29 PM
 SD is a intelligent software in supporting you with the right information at the right time. Why pursuing a track of permanent display of information without need?

The software don't know, what I need, like or want. If I think, I need the frequencies visible permanently like in the ICAO chart, it will be nice if I can customize it like I want.
Again (and again and again): If you don't need, like, want, whatever: You are not force to use it! Many user of SD would like to have this option, many not. Whats the problem to let the user choice?

Chris

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)
Fully agree. Start adding options indiscriminately and you have "optionware" -- a piece of software which no one can use because of the myriad of options.

-- Chris.
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Chris_LSZO,

there is no need to throw the toys out of the pram. Shifu is absolutely spot on with his remark, there is nothing more to add. 'Verschlimmbessern' is the fitting german idiom which characterize these processes. If you like to see the frequencies permanently, it´s a good choice to use an ICAO chart.

just my 2 cents

-mike

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search