SkyDemon

Has Anyone Managed To Get Skydemon Light Running In WIndows 10?

Has Anyone Managed To Get Skydemon Light Running In WIndows 10?

Author
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)Too Much Forum (86 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just attended my RPAS course last week. The instructor sang the praises of Skydemon Light and basically said we could not without it when doing our planning etc.Fine we all said. However, not one of the students running a windows 10 laptop could get SkyDemon Light to open. Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer were all tried with Silverlight installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, standing on our heads etc. Nothing worked. It just shows a blank screen when www.skydemonlight.com has been entered.

I have tried different laptops and none will run this program. Has anyone had any success with this tool on windows 10?  This is the 21st Century. Hate it when things don't work. I am IT savvy and will not risk upgrading to the paid version if the free version is displaying such problems.
tnowak
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.3K reputation)

mtel1970@gmail.com - 7/31/2016 1:15:56 PM
Just attended my RPAS course last week. The instructor sang the praises of Skydemon Light and basically said we could not without it when doing our planning etc.Fine we all said. However, not one of the students running a windows 10 laptop could get SkyDemon Light to open. Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer were all tried with Silverlight installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, standing on our heads etc. Nothing worked. It just shows a blank screen when www.skydemonlight.com has been entered.

I have tried different laptops and none will run this program. Has anyone had any success with this tool on windows 10?  This is the 21st Century. Hate it when things don't work. I am IT savvy and will not risk upgrading to the paid version if the free version is displaying such problems.

My laptop was Windows 7 and I upgraded to Win 10 two months ago.
I no longer use SD Light but the full SD product works fine for me.
Tony Nowak

adhawkins
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)

The full version is accessed as an installed program generally (although I think there is a web version available).

There shouldn't be any issues using the full version of SkyDemon on Windows 10.

Andy

Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team
SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)

Group: Moderators
SkyDemon Light exists for two platforms: Silverlight and iOS. Silverlight as a platform is due to be retired soon by its developers.

SkyDemon (the full product) has Windows, iOS and Android versions and is nothing like SkyDemon Light.
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team
SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)

I just tried this on a brand new Windows 10 PC in the office.

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to www.skydemonlight.com

2. I was prompted to install Silverlight. I downloaded and installed the file that it presented to me.

3. I refreshed the page at www.skydemonlight.com and SkyDemon light started as expected. I was able to install the chart and continue to route planning.
Pete Shark FeS
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)

It seems several browsers for Windows no longer support Silverlight. Firefox does have a version (look for Firefox esr I believe) which will still run it for another 12 months. Hopefully Sky Demon will make changes to SD Light to allow it to run without Silverlight.
mikeavison
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)

Hi mtel
I have just dared to start my Windows computer after the cyberattacks.
Like Tim Dawson, I find I can still access SkydemonLight in Internet Explorer.
This time I was required to update Silverlight. It actually seemed to run more quickly than previously.
I don't understand why a whole room full of people were unable to access SDL form Internet Explorer. Could they have all been using Edge without realising? The symbol is very similar.
Incidentally Firefox has recently dropped support for Silverlight so on Windows the only browser that still supports Silverlight (and so SkydemonLight) is, as far as I know, Internet Explorer. This  is a general  direction of  travel  for browser developers, so I hope SkydemonLight developers will soon release a new interface which does not rely on Silverlight.

Best Wishes

Mike Avison

Sidslip
Forum Member
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)

mtel1970@gmail.com - 7/31/2016 1:15:56 PM

Yes I have it running fine on my windows 10 PC.
I have problems (I think) with sky demon light on my IPAD..looking on UTube I notice everyone has the airfield plates and weather boxes on their Ipads but not me..I guess I will have to download those..

Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team

You are confusing the full version of SkyDemon with SkyDemon Light, which doesn't have many of the features of the full version.
GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password:

Select a Forum....

SkyDemon Forums