SkyDemon

No Sky Demon Light!

No Sky Demon Light!

Author
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
All of a sudden, when I try to connect to http://www.skydemonlight.com/ , I just get a blank screen.  Previously I would get the rotating dots and a request to AGREE, etc.  Now just a blank screen in that same background colour that the dots appeared in.  No error string.  It seems like a failure of Silverlight, but that is confirmed as installed and up-to-date.
Running Windows 7
Firefox 34.0.5
Silverlight5
MS Security Essentials
Recently installed HitmanPro.Alert but have uninstalled it to see if that is the problem, without success.
Another computer on this home network running the same OS and Browser is still opening SDL just fine.
Kind regards,
Dave

adhawkins
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)Too Much Forum (15K reputation)

I know it doesn't help you, but it works Ok for me (at least, I got as far as downloading and displaying a chart).

Suggests it's something at your end, but I don't know enough about silverlight et. al. to be able to suggest what.

Andy

Dave Smith
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)Too Much Forum (424 reputation)

Thanks Andy.  I've got another PC configured almost the same software wise, and it too works just fine.  THis one used to - just doesn't anymore.  Should have added its Win7 Home 32-bit  SP1.
Dave

Dave Smith
Too Much Forum

Sorted.
I have several Firefox Add-Ons.  One is Flashblock (v1.5.18).  This is supposed to replace Flash objects with a button that can be pressed to allow the blocked item.  Unfortunately it's not giving me a button to press on that blank screen that should be showing me the initial rotating balls screen.  Neither is adding the SkyDemon URL to its whitelist improving things.
I'm sure the gurus at SkyDemon might be able to suggest another item to add to the whitelist, but I can't guess it.
Meanwhile, I've disabled Flashblock and all is restored.
But I'd be happier if I could have my Flashblock back, protecting me from other c**p.
Hope this is useful to others.
Dave

barrylight
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)

I too just tried SkyDemonLight to hand on to a student, and all I get is the Microsoft  SilverLight  download instruction page 
then my Pc says it SilverLight is already loaded.   Guess we need to ask SkyDemon why.
www.microlight.me.uk 
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team
SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)SkyDemon Team (287K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Speaking for SkyDemon, I have no idea. Our requirement is for Silverlight to be installed and working, and it seems that in this case, sadly it isn't working.
GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password:

Select a Forum....

SkyDemon Forums