SkyDemon Forums

georeferenced airport circuits

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic9128.aspx

By Hans M. - 5/6/2013 10:30:12 AM

One thing I miss almost daily when using SD are the airports traffic circuits. I know about your problems with public organizations as Skyguide. But there is another way to success:

You already have your own vector based VFR airspace data. Why don’t you just integrate vector based traffic patterns of European airports? For example www.platzrunden.de has all European traffic patterns including approach sectors and entry circuits for Garmin GPS. There it’s very easy to join downwind, turn into base and final leg.

You have to vectorize it only once because traffic patterns change rarely. For the SD customers it would be an appreciated added value to your great software!

Thanks for your excellent product SD. I love it!

Hans

By Tim Dawson - 2/26/2014 3:00:55 PM

You can already define bits of airspace in SkyDemon using the Data Creator tool on a PC, you could always define a circuit as a piece of airspace.

While we may at some point accept "official" circuit descriptions directly from airfield owners, I can't see us having a general purpose format for users to create their own. Most users would not be interested in fiddling around with things like this.