SkyDemon Forums

Superb integration of geo-referenced approach plates

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic8106.aspx

By ckurz7000 - 1/4/2013 10:14:17 AM

Just to make it publically known that I am really excited about how you have integrated geo-referenced plates. Now they really do present an invaluable help to pilots and improve situational awareness tremendously.

The only downside is that they are only available from the UK, Germany, France and Italy. In my opinion they represent such a leap forward that something needs to be done to make them available for other countries as well.

Do you see a way which would make geo-referenced plates more widely available? Is there some way in which I could help with that? I wrote software used to geo-reference approach plates for import into the MGL line of EFIS. I don't know how that would help but at least I know what's required...

Thanks, -- Chris.
By graham elvis - 3/22/2013 12:54:55 PM

Tim

I also love the plates but, as always, having been given a new toy, I want more!

I would like to see the circuit / no-fly zone diagrams added so that the plate appears on top of the circuit, ideally both on top of the route lines. It would probably need the supplier to verify that they are to scale - I'm not sure they all are.

I think I found a bug - look at Pooley's Turweston plate as a pdf then look at the geo-referenced version - it looks distorted. Google Earth visually matches the pdf.

Keep up the good work!