SkyDemon Forums

Log book

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic4661.aspx

By hazlebury - 1/6/2012 12:05:48 AM

Would it be possible to log my flights and datcon, just something simple, so that I am then doing everything in my SD?
By Andyp - 11/1/2012 5:46:44 PM

I couldn't agree more with Owain Davies regardless of whats required to achieve it, I think the principle would be a big hit. Ive been looking in depth at Logbook Apps, and they are almost entirely aimed at the Professional Pilot. I can see the market; large volume of flights performed by the professional, the legal requirement to record flights, the convenience of an app, the management of ratings etc... The apps available to them are without doubt very good and incorporate a lot of function. To the GA user however, some of whom fly perhaps just as much (those lucky enough!), there is really little out there for simplistic, quick and easy to use Apps. The GA pilot does not really need to record their block times, shift patterns, future flights and company to name but a few. The simple information as presented in their paper logbook is all that is needed: Date/Aircraft/Reg/Takeoff/Landing/Time ToT(specified capacity)/Number of Takeoffs/Number of Landings/Remarks is all you essentially need(?). I cant believe nobody has worked on selling this to the GA market yet. Just to spin ideas, an electronic App of the AFE Logbook for example!? Id buy it!

In my opinion, an integration into SkyDemon would surely put it ahead of its competitors?