SkyDemon Forums

Avidyne IFD540 10.3.0.2

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35517.aspx

By Fry - 9/3/2022 5:39:59 PM

Hi there,
I just updated my IFD540 from 10.2.6.1 to 10.3.0.2 some interesting new features. Everything working, all checksums correct, all settings have been preserved.
BUT: the SkyDemon connection to the IFD is no longer working. No GPS position, no flight plan upload. The connection to my traffic system (Air Avionics AT-1) works as before.
Of course, this is not a trivial Wifi connection issue - the Wifi connection is working.
What can I do to further diagnose or resolve the problem?
Best regards,
Fry
By Boeingboy - 10/26/2022 5:09:30 PM

Well to answer my own problem. A work around has been found by a member of the Avidyne forum. He has found that using an app called UDP Sender to enable the IFD440 to see the tablet restores SD functionality as it was prior to 10.3. 
Instructions are: 
1. Connect the tablet to the IFD's WiFi network as before.
2. Open UDP Sender and having configured it, press 'Send'.
3. Go to Aux/Setup/Connectivity/Devices and check that the tablet is recognised.
4. Change the enablement setting to 'Always'.
5. Open SkyDemon and upload flight plans as before. A blue Alert will come up to inform you of a successful transfer.
6. Go to FMS/Route Page and activate the flight plan as before.

The UDP Sender app needs the following configuration prior to use: 
1. Destination IP           192.168.01
2. Port                           5686
3. Text                           AVISDK
4. Hex                           Leave blank. 

The app will retain the above information but you will need to press 'Send' everytime you connect your tablet to the IFd prior to using SkyDemon. (Note. It's not necessary to have SD open prior to connection as it is when using the IFD100 app on an iPAd).

Hope the above helps.