SkyDemon Forums

Live Map window flickers badly

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35299.aspx

By colled - 7/13/2022 12:33:19 PM

I'm wondering if anyone else has also seen this nasty issue I have since the last update in May to 3.16.3 on Android. After the update I now have a fairly serious issue that is making SkyDemon unusable for me. When in flying (or simulation) mode the map window flashes white and blanks out regularly for up to a few seconds at a time each time the aircraft icon moves, but only if I have one of the tab dialogs open, e.g. I keep the radio tab open in flight for current/next frequency info etc. It's only the live map window section that flashes and disappears, the tabs and dialogs don't flash etc. If I unclick the tab then all appears ok again. If I drag the window with my finger it's really bad I have attached a link to a video I took that shows the issue.

In the video I am in simulation mode but it was the same in flight and quite unusable now. Before this latest upate all was good and has worked fine for years so something has changed in the refresh/graphics code around this window.

I have contacted support already but they say it's not in the software and must be a problem with my device, but as I say, it has worked fine on all the previous versions so something has changed in the software somewhere and no other apps cause an effect like this. Anyone any ideas? I can't use it like this.
By Tim Dawson - 7/20/2022 11:00:52 AM

For what it's worth, none of us at SkyDemon have heard of the issue before. It might be worth checking whether there are any updates available to the software on your tablet, including the Google apps, which may upgrade the web browser engine on the device.