SkyDemon Forums

Geo referrenced charts - what does a chart need to be geo referenced in SD?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33971.aspx

By Schildaero - 8/24/2021 9:40:30 PM

Hi,
it just came to my attention, that on the eurocontrol DFS (german) airports i checked so far, does not have georeferenced departure/arrival charts avialble.
Due to the lack of rotating the pdf view on iOS, the geoerference overlay was a very good way to have landscape charts usable (and of the course the great increase of situational awareness).
So my question is: As far as I read here in the forum: Getting the charts geo-ref, was a manual process for each single chart. Is it sill like that?
Do you plan to get all PDFs that are to scale as geo-refs?
Is there anything that can be done to support you in that?

It would really like to use SD for my IFR Flights, but I don't feel comfortable having charts the wrong way on the display. And rotating the iPad is not an option, due to space (or better the lack of it) and I am running SD in split view with the IFD100 in IFR.

Cheers
Marco
By Schildaero - 1/9/2022 1:28:17 PM

BJS - 1/7/2022 12:18:10 PM
Schildaero - 8/24/2021 9:40:30 PM
Hi,
it just came to my attention, that on the eurocontrol DFS (german) airports i checked so far, does not have georeferenced departure/arrival charts avialble.
Due to the lack of rotating the pdf view on iOS, the geoerference overlay was a very good way to have landscape charts usable (and of the course the great increase of situational awareness).
So my question is: As far as I read here in the forum: Getting the charts geo-ref, was a manual process for each single chart. Is it sill like that?
Do you plan to get all PDFs that are to scale as geo-refs?
Is there anything that can be done to support you in that?

It would really like to use SD for my IFR Flights, but I don't feel comfortable having charts the wrong way on the display. And rotating the iPad is not an option, due to space (or better the lack of it) and I am running SD in split view with the IFD100 in IFR.

Cheers
Marco

To get an idea install the PC Plan version and have a look at the folder with the georef documents, you'll find out how easy it is.

After some googeling, I am not sure which application you mean: Could you provide a link to the application mentioned?