SkyDemon Forums

TOD etc. in pilot log

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33663.aspx

By miaelch - 6/13/2021 10:48:37 AM

Hello!
When changing the cruise altitude at waypoints, Skydemon offers the possibility to select whether the altitude change should be executed before or after the waypoint; the virtual radar view is adapted accordingly. The pilot log, however, does not show this information.
I would appreciate if the information whether an altitude change should be initiated either before or at a waypoint would be included into the pilot log. A simple possibility to do so  would be to write TOC/BOC/TOD/BOD* behind waypoints where the altitude is changed. This would not introduce new waypoints and legs into the pilot log (there was already some discussion about adding TOC/BOD waypoints to the flight log automatically).
Kind regards
Michael

* In addition to TOC/BOC/TOD/BOD, two additional notations would ne necessary for waypoints that are passed while climbing or descending. Such situations could arise when there is only a short distance between waypoints with altitude changes. - Maybe pictograms would be a better choice.
By BernardBig - 12/29/2023 11:06:39 AM

Wolfgang Stüger - 12/9/2021 10:29:22 PM
miaelch - 6/13/2021 10:48:37 AM
Hello everybody,
Althoug this is a rather old topic, it still has not been solved by SkyDemon or I could not find it !
When flying I like to be informed of flight level or altitude changes like I am for tracks
So far nothing is available in SkyDemon (again nothing I could find...)
It would be nice to have a visual indicator on the map for TOD and BOC at minimum as Michael suggested
This combined with a visual and audible message with  the indication of the target altitude would make life easier

Kind regards,
Bernard
-----------------------------
Hello!
When changing the cruise altitude at waypoints, Skydemon offers the possibility to select whether the altitude change should be executed before or after the waypoint; the virtual radar view is adapted accordingly. The pilot log, however, does not show this information.
I would appreciate if the information whether an altitude change should be initiated either before or at a waypoint would be included into the pilot log. A simple possibility to do so  would be to write TOC/BOC/TOD/BOD* behind waypoints where the altitude is changed. This would not introduce new waypoints and legs into the pilot log (there was already some discussion about adding TOC/BOD waypoints to the flight log automatically).
Kind regards
Michael

* In addition to TOC/BOC/TOD/BOD, two additional notations would ne necessary for waypoints that are passed while climbing or descending. Such situations could arise when there is only a short distance between waypoints with altitude changes. - Maybe pictograms would be a better choice.

Yes, it would be a big advantage to have BOC/TOC/TOD/BOD as visible automotive points on the route leg, corresponding with the radar view.
I fact these new visible points cannot be compared with standard waypoints, because waypoints are geographically fixed.
The discussed points must change position on leg automatically depending due to several flexible adapted parameters such as altitude level, climb/descent rate, TAS aso.
Kind regards, Wolfy