SkyDemon Forums

Reversion to internal GPS - can we have an automatic option?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33416.aspx

By Cat - 5/10/2021 7:39:23 AM

Hi all

With the new reversion to internal GPS feature, I find that, especially when teaching, I’m still seeing device connection lost 350 seconds ago or some such. 

Would it be possible to have a setting to allow automatic reversion as I’m obviously missing the touch flag to allow temporary reversion. 

Thanks

Cat
By fokus - 6/2/2021 2:43:57 PM

Tim Dawson - 5/10/2021 10:05:08 AM
I think in the other thread where this feature was proposed, we outlined our concerns about making this automatic. I think it's not helpful to automatically revert to location services, losing traffic reception, which is why I want the user to have to opt in to it. Hopefully the fact we now support this failure mode at all is helpful, I just don't want to make it fully automatic at this stage.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that this feature, while designed to make life easier for our users, is essentially easing the pain of a failing third-party product. If your traffic receiver is failing that often, I would seriously consider raising the issue with its manufacturer.

Well, maybe you are right but why not let the PIC decide what is better for his security?
For a better securitiy i would like to see a warning icon when in "local mode"