SkyDemon Forums

Renaming of legs

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33244.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 4/12/2021 1:31:56 PM

This is a suggestion we receive from time to time. Would you mind contacting our Support directly, via the contact form on our website? If you do that, we can add your request to a tally for the feature which makes it more likely we'll implement it.

Many thanks for getting in touch.
By MarkFrecker - 4/12/2021 1:59:14 PM

Dear Tim,

thank you for your fast response.

Cheers
Mark
By MarkFrecker - 4/12/2021 1:04:24 PM

Hello everybody,
maybe I should introduce myself first. I have a PPL(A) since 2018 and fly in Switzerland.
Shortly after obtaining my licence I started using SkyDemon, and up to now it fulfilled all my needs  as a pure VFR pilot.

But I have a question:
When planning a flight sometimes I have to devide a leg into two or three legs (e.g. if I have to lower or increase the altitude to avoid a special air space or similar). 
Sometimes nearby there isn't a town or anything where I can just "snap" the new legs to. Therefore in the Pilot Log I get only the coordinates of this point. Since I print out the Pilot Log and use it (old fashioned) while I am flying to put in the "real" times it would be good if I could rename these coordinates to something like "River Rhein" or "Begin FIR xxx" (only in the Pilot Log).
I know that I could create a waypoint with this name on this position and use this for the planning (then of course the name of the waypoint appears in the Pilot Log). But since I need it only temporarily for a flight (only in the Pilot Log) and do not want to create a waypoint every time I like to edit it only in the Pilot Log.
I know it is not a big or important issue, but it would help to make the Pilot Log look better (at least for me :-) ).
Maybe this topic has been discussed already in the forum, but I couldn't find any information about it.

Best regards
Mark