SkyDemon Forums

Audio Warning for bearingless Target

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32930.aspx

By Kurt37 - 4/20/2021 9:16:20 PM

Maverix - 3/29/2021 7:57:50 AM
Why do we always have to discuss Pros and Cons?

Make everything adjustable/customizeable and every pilot can decide on his own what fits best to himself !!

I second this. Isn't this a valid solution? I think the feedback shows that a configurable solution is very much desired to improve GA safety. It can be autoselected off, so we don't bother people how don't believe in bearingless traffic information. 

Thoughts? 

Kind regards
Patrick
By efrenken - 4/21/2021 8:32:16 PM

Kurt37 - 4/20/2021 9:16:20 PM
Maverix - 3/29/2021 7:57:50 AM
Why do we always have to discuss Pros and Cons?

Make everything adjustable/customizeable and every pilot can decide on his own what fits best to himself !!

I second this. Isn't this a valid solution? I think the feedback shows that a configurable solution is very much desired to improve GA safety. It can be autoselected off, so we don't bother people how don't believe in bearingless traffic information. 

Thoughts? 

Kind regards
Patrick

Good point!
By Kurt37 - 2/27/2021 9:19:49 PM

Hi there,

apologies if this has been raised before - tried searching without success.

I am using Pilotaware with Skydemon and I really enjoy the audio warnings since that maximizes my out of the Cockpit looking time.

However most traffic is bearingless mode S and I find it difficult to pick up bearing less targets in SD. AFAIK they is no info in the traffic screen that there is a bearing less target. I only see it on the moving map.

I know bearingless target info has its limitations. However it would help me a lot to get an audio warning: "bearingless target same altitude (or according altitude)". Then I know without looking at my iPad that there is Mode S traffic nearby. 

What do Tim/others think? Possibly a user selectable feature (as already the option to display bearingless targets on/off). 

Kind Regards,
Patrick