SkyDemon Forums

Including FIR boundary estimate in Pilot Log

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32460.aspx

By pilot-byom - 11/7/2020 11:34:35 AM

As it is advised to use a waypoint at the international border anyways for flight planning, you should have it in the log already?
By SamW - 11/13/2020 6:31:10 PM

Yes, what I’m suggesting is an auto generated one so that I can draw a straight line eg Dover to Calais and it will auto generate a waypoint at the FIR boundary.
By pilot-byom - 11/13/2020 9:53:07 PM

Usually there are a few candidates and how is Skydemon supposed to choose? And frankly, I never gave RINTI a second thought or even imagined someone flying that route does not have it openly tatooed ...
By SamW - 11/6/2020 2:40:49 PM

Re-posting here from other forum as seems more appropriate!

I would find it useful to have the International FIR boundary estimate on the PLOG (perhaps as a pseudo waypoint) as that’s often asked for by ATC.  I have learned from the other forum that I can press and hold and select “what’s here” to get it, and that its also on the ATC FPL (which I knew but it doesn’t update in flight obviously, not is easily accessible).  Obviously You can create a waypoint at the boundary but in doing so it often slightly changes the track in/out and if using many different routes means many different user waypoints.

Any thoughts?  Thank you.