SkyDemon Forums

PLOG data customization ?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic31361.aspx

By Fred28 - 6/4/2020 6:17:16 PM

Hello everybody,

Hello everybody,

I'm a new pilot and recent Skydemon user. So I discover the Skydemon and I must admit that it is currently quite confusing for me (in comparison to the way I was taught to prepare a NAV LOG).
I have a question : Is it possible to customize data in the PLOG ?
For example, I'm very surprised with RNav data. It seems I can't choose the VOR and I can't understand VOR choice made by SD. 
SD choose very far VOR instead of nearest. So I'd appreciate to be able to customize this PLOG field.
Same concern with additional points on route. If I append a point on the route (not on a city, airport, VOR...), it appears with its coordinates in the PLOG. It is not very readable. I'd would appreciate to customize these additional points with a clear understandable name.
Is it possible to customize these fields in PLOG ? If it is possible, how should I proceed because I did not find how to do it.

Thanks for your help

Frederic

By Tim Dawson - 6/8/2020 9:15:56 AM

What use is a bearing and distance from a VOR (only) when you can't actually measure your distance from it? I thought RNav was originally a system that depended on paired VOR/DMEs. That's (I believe) why SkyDemon only accepts paired VOR/DMEs.