SkyDemon Forums

Approach selection resets following external GPS connection loss

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic30198.aspx

By Francoisvl - 2/20/2020 11:41:07 AM

Hi there - I have the same problem when practising using Prepar3d - the GPS keeps disconnecting, and SkyDemon forgets the approach. Not sure what the best way to connect SkyDemon to Prepar3d is but the 'x-plane' way does not work well. The virtual radar also keeps resetting and dropping out. Is there a preferred/tested way of using Prepar3d to practise flights connected to SkyDemon?
Cheers in advance for any advice. 
By DaveWhite - 1/24/2020 5:55:53 PM

SkyDemon v3.13.3
I am using an external GPS source (SkyEcho2) connected to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A via wifi.

I sometimes experience temporary (5-15 second) GPS signal loss, which I suspect is a tablet issue and am investigating further - the purpose of this post is to describe SkyDemon behaviour when that happens and an approach has been selected for a destination airfield.

When the external GPS signal drops out and returns, SD behaves mostly as expected and a seamless re-connection occurs (depending on the length of dropout I see the message counting number of seconds without a signal until reconnection).

However, if an approach has been selected, the selected approach is lost at this stage, and needs to be re-selected as though for the first time.

This is a slight annoyance but it would be good if SD could retain the selected approach following an interruption of GPS signal reception.  Is that a simple fix?