SkyDemon Forums

Direct To Functionality

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic30147.aspx

By marioair - 3/31/2021 9:06:45 PM

carltn16 - 1/21/2020 11:31:11 AM
Brilliant, thanks very much Tim.

Did this get implemented? 

From the Orb-> Find Waypoint, it only lists airfields and VRPs but not any other waypoints (e.g. Named towns)
By carltn16 - 1/19/2020 9:37:23 PM

One function that I’ve always found invaluable is the Direct To. I’m sure there is a reason this has now been fragmented into “Direct To” and the new “Find” function but I’m not quite sure it’s as good as it was previously. The “Direct To” function now only works, as far as I can make out, for nearby airfields. The “Find” function, with the magnifying glass, now will also direct to points along the route, except for, and this is my main point, the next waypoint. Previously, the next waypoint would appear in the “Direct To” function which is always massively useful if you have been vectored off your planned route by ATC and then told to resume navigation to the original point. Now the Find function does not give the very next waypoint but the ones after that.

If anything, I feel it’s ended up confusing one useful function into two that don’t work as well! The long press on the SkyDemon button worked for me. 8-)