SkyDemon Forums

New features: managing user waypoints using folders

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29921.aspx

By pat.lach.pil - 12/7/2019 9:10:24 AM

Hi, some functions of the new feature of managing folder of user waypoints are not effective for the PC's new version of SD.
The interface is completly different than Android devices and with less possibility. e.g. You can't create a new folder with attribute "locked to this device", you can't change a folder "locked to this PC" to "folder eligible for Syncing", you can't export any folders, ....
Have you decided to limit the functions on a PC or have planned to develop similar fucntions on PC at later time ?
Patrick
By Richard747 - 12/26/2019 10:24:44 PM

Graham,

Thank you for the helpful tip, I can now enter the data as printed on the UK IAIP Instrument Approach Chart.

When I look at the grey subscript co-ordinate presentation in the SD waypoint list, or expand one of the waypoints, I can only see the format as generated by the data entry ’wheels’ not as I typed in i.e. including the decimal places. I appreciate the distances involved are tiny and insignificant but I am not sure if the true entered data is being stored & used or if it is just being rounded once entered?

Each lat/long entry in IAIP format requires twenty-two key presses and the scope for error is significant.

Another problem I have is trying to add a named waypoint to a folder e.g. BEVLU 521211.16N 0002005.53W. This is an IAF for EGTC RWY 21 but is also an airways waypoint. As such it is in the SD database but I cannot find a way to add it to a Waypoint folder directly without having to type in the co-ordinates and name it.